New Year Contest
Make your riding dreams come true!
Participate in our 2021 New Year contest and you could win a dream holiday riding in Portugal! For centuries, Portugal has been the centre for classical dressage and has been breeding one of the best horses in the world suited for dressage, the Lusitano horse.
If you win, you will have the amazing chance to train classical dressage for one week with the Portuguese trainer, Rodrigo Afonso Gonzalves who is also the trainer in Escola Portuguesa de Arte Equestre in Lisbon. Rodrigo is even the trainer at ‘Quinta da Estribeira’ where they have been breeding Lusitano horses for decades. He also teaches abroad to train his students. The horses at Quinta da Estribeira are schoolmasters and can perform in all schools, piaff, passage and flying changes in series. That’s where you are going to have your lessons.You are also welcome to bring a friend as the accommodation is for two persons!
How to win this dream holiday?
If you want to participate in the contest you have to go to our shop, click here and order at least one book or online product. You will also need to tell us why you want to win before you check out from the shop. The last day for the contest is January 31st 2021. We will inform the lucky person week 6.
What you actually win?
The prize for this contest is one week of exploring Portugal and it’s riding culture and the chance for you to train dressage with highly qualified school masters during four different sessions with a Portuguese dressage trainer. The lessons will be in English or Portuguese. It will also be possible for your friend to have riding lessons for an extra fee.
Where will you stay?
You will be staying in the Orange house in Casal do Chafariz in Penedo, Sintra. The house contains a kitchen, bedroom with two separate beds, living room and a sunny terrace. Barbro is one of the authors and part owner of Brightmare Productions. She has been running this popular Airbnb for a few years and it is just a 45 minute drive from Lisbon. She is available all the time since she lives next door. She will be helping you with what you need during your stay. Tips, advice concerning sight-seeing, horsey talk etc. If you would you like to know more about the accommodation, please check here.
The Sintra Unesco World Heritage site offers a wide range of spectacular scenery and historical palaces. The Sintra National Park is around the corner from the house, where you can find lovely walks. The area also offers beautiful beaches where you can take surf lessons, Many cosy restaurants with good Portuguese food and wines. There are also some vineyards you can visit.
The prize includes:
For transportation you can hire a private taxi to take you around in the area (not included) or rent a car at the airport (not included).
Best regards and good luck! Barbro and Lina
Competition Terms & Conditions
1. Only one prize will be awarded.
2. All participation has to be 18 or over to enter this competition.
3. Participation in our competition is voluntary when purchasing from our webshop. The chances of winning are not influenced by how many products bought but by the best motivation. Brightmare Productions AB is responsible for collecting and processing any personal data you provide in connection with any competition within the law of GDPR.
4. Travel to and from Portugal, Lisbon airport from participant’s departing location (airport, railway station, etc.) is at the expense of the winner. The same applies for any costs incurred during the riding holiday (dinners, drinks, etc.) The winner and their companion are each responsible for ensuring that they have everything required for the trip, insurance, vaccinations, valid travel documents ect. Any taxes, fees or levies incurred in connection with the prize must be borne by the winner.
5. If the government advises against travelling to Portugal because of the Covid-19 pandemic, the winner agrees to cancel the trip. The winner will receive 750€ (- taxes) in exchange. Participant agree that Brightmare Productions AB will not be held responsible or need to compensate you for any travel expenses incurred or flight cancellations etc for getting to Portugal.
6. If the dressage trainer, for any reason has to cancel Brightmare Productions AB agrees to find a trainer of equal calibre.
7. Brigthmare Productions AB will not be held accountable for technical breakdowns of the competition pages, including any network server or hardware errors, viruses, bugs, programming errors or other communication errors outside its direct control.
8. Facebook is not commercially or legally involved in this competition, even if the competition is advertised and shared on our Facebook page, through Facebook advertisement and if certain activities in connection with the main prize take place on Facebook. The organiser of competitions is exclusively Brightmare Productions AB in each case. Any questions relating to the competition should be addressed to Brightmare Productions AB at www.brightmare.horse. By entering our competition and therefore accepting the terms and conditions of participation, entrants exempt Facebook from any liability and responsibility in connection with the competition.
9. Brightmare Productions AB reserve the right to not be liable for any or all injuries made during the trip including training. Riding is at the winner’s on risk. Winner and companion is encourage by Brightmare Productions to have a covering insurance for the full duration of the trip.
10: The winner of the competition will be contacted five times week 6. (8-12 Feb 2021) via email and text message. If the winner do not respond, Brightmare Productions AB reserve the right to pick a new winner of the competition.
11. The winner agrees to notify their tax agency and to pay any winning tax that might occur if winning our competition.
12. The winner has 1 year from the winning date to collect the prize. The trip can be booked through our customer support. The winner agrees to schedule a convenient time for your trip that suits you, us and the trainer. Any bookings past this period is void and compensation null.
13. By competing, you guarantee that all Competition Terms and Conditions are meet. Brightmare Productions AB reserve the right to disqualify any entries that do not uphold the Competition’s Terms and Conditions.
14. In the event of a dispute over the rules, conduct, results and all other matters in relation to the competition, Brightmare Productions AB’s decision will be final and no correspondence or discussion will be initiated.